PDA

View Full Version : Website has broken in one day!

lizzieish
01-20-2010, 10:11 PM
I started building my website ages ago then had a break over Christmas and New Year - I have started on it again this week and in the space of a few hours it seems to of turned to chaos.

EVERYTHING published and worked fine before on all my pages but now I keep having:

* images just not show up at all:
http://i155.photobucket.com/albums/s310/hellokittybuzz/Picture1-2.png
However, all my thumbnails are saved in the same folder and the computer seems to pick and choose which ones it wants to show because they are always different.
* links not working correctly
* images appearing in a different place online to where they are on Dreamweaver - that previously were in the correct place online and have not been tampered with
* and I am also getting this message from time to time when I check my site online
http://i155.photobucket.com/albums/s310/hellokittybuzz/Picture2-2.png

I am checking my site in Firefox, Explorer & Safari and all these problems arise randomly in all 3 browsers - there seems to be no continuity with any of the problems.

If anyone can help with any of these then please let me know - I can provide code and such if needed.

I am literally learning as I go with Dreamweaver so I am wondering if there is a very basic setting I could of changed or something to break my whole page?!

Thankyou x

walkamongus
01-20-2010, 11:15 PM
Sorry to hear about your trouble... There might be a problem with your host (?), but either way I think code would be helpful

lizzieish
01-21-2010, 12:51 AM
hmm, well I left it alone for a few hours as I was about to smash my laptop - have come back to it and it appears to all be working as it should be on Firefox now - however images and links are still not working on Safari - I am guessing this means there may be something up with Safari - is this something I will be able to fix in my Dreamweaver or is it likely to be a problem at their end - is there some way I can find out?

edbr
01-21-2010, 01:00 AM
got a link it could be a naming problem of your images difficult to say without seeing

Corrosive
01-21-2010, 08:34 AM
I reckon it is your hosting and will settle down soon.