PDA

View Full Version : Adding a Splash Page

mkenzieq
01-14-2010, 03:34 PM
I have my site uploaded and recently I created a splash page and want to make this the initial page that opens rather than my homepage. Does anyone know how to do this? I am sure it is something really easy, but I can't figure it out.

Thanks! -Monica

Corrosive
01-14-2010, 03:52 PM
Yes, call the splash page 'index' and that will open first. Call the now index page something like 'home'. By the way splash pages can mean SEO suicide. Make sure you understand the pitfalls.

mkenzieq
01-14-2010, 07:40 PM
thanks so much! that's what i thought, but i wasn't sure.

rattlsnak
01-14-2010, 10:52 PM
Dont name it "home", as that confuses browsers. If you name one 'index' and one 'home', sometimes it will pull up one, sometimes the other as 'home' is also a valid starting page. Name it 'welcome' or something. (ask me how i know!!)

gentleone
01-14-2010, 11:09 PM
Dont name it "home", as that confuses browsers. If you name one 'index' and one 'home', sometimes it will pull up one, sometimes the other as 'home' is also a valid starting page. Name it 'welcome' or something. (ask me how i know!!)

Good point! 'Home' is actually a bad name for a page... the homepage of a site will be indexed by search engines the best, so better give it name that suits the service/product that you offer.