PDA

View Full Version : logo/banner not updating

xrayhit
01-14-2010, 02:29 AM
I changed my mind about having a phone number in the "logo" at the top of the page, so I chopped it off in Photoshop by changing the canvas size. Now when I preview, the phone is still there. I uploaded to server and the phone is still there. How can this be? The page appears to be correct in Design view.

I've cleared my caches in both IE and FF. I am at a loss as to the reason for this. :confused:

http://frequentads.com

edbr
01-14-2010, 02:56 AM
its not a cache prob you email is there still, upload again make sure if asked to overwrite you agree , if not delete and upload new page. if you use fillezilla or any other ftp you should be able to see file modified date so you will see what is or isnt happening

xrayhit
01-14-2010, 03:05 AM
I'm using the ftp in Dreamweaver. I deleted the files on the server and re uploaded. No change with graphic. The time/date of the files on server is correct although an hour behind my time.

I changed the background color just to see if that updated and it did.

What do you mean "email is still there?"

DWcourse
01-14-2010, 03:07 AM
To me looks like you uploaded the edited page but not the edited image. You have to upload both (or click OK to upload dependent files when uploading the page - assuming you're using Dreamweaver).

xrayhit
01-14-2010, 03:19 AM
OK, forget it, I'm a dumbass. I forgot to upload the updated graphic. Doh.

Thanks for your help.

DWcourse
01-14-2010, 04:01 AM
We've all done it (more than once).:roll:

edbr
01-14-2010, 04:11 AM
and probably will again