PDA

View Full Version : Dreamweaver CS4

jrich
01-13-2010, 08:16 PM
I recently purchased Adobe Creative Suite 4, Design Premium for school. I can open, change and save files in Dreamweaver. I have a site that I host onalready set up. I also have Dreamweaver set so that when I save files, they automatically connect and update to my site. The problem I am having is after Dreamweaver has saved, connected and pu the new files to my site, they are ones that was there before they were saved. They can be changed only if thye are deleted from my site and re-uploaded after they are saved. Any ideas please respond. Thanks Jackie

tux
01-13-2010, 10:24 PM
Not sure as I dont use CS4 but maybe there is a setting not enabled that allows you to overwrite files.

Try uploading them manually to see if that works.

Maybe others will have better suggestions.

DWcourse
01-14-2010, 04:10 AM
If you just updated to CS4, you might want to double-check that your preferences and site definitions are correct (things happen).

jrich
01-15-2010, 06:04 PM
Thanks for the replies. I have found no setting that says to turn on or off overwriting files anywhere in Dreamweaver CS4. The only option I can find along that line is to turn on or off uploading files on save, which I have turned on.

When I do put files to my site, they do not overwrite on the site.

I have taken the site out of Dreamweaver entirely and started over with it, so I am sure my site definitions are ok. Since I purchased this edtion outright, there is no updating issues involved.

Thanks again.

Jackie