PDA

View Full Version : Page elements & resizing

Dezza
01-12-2010, 07:32 AM
Hi all

Sorry that my first post is asking for help but i'm a DW n00b in a bit of mess.

I have built a site for a college assignment using DW and viewed in safari (i use a mac). All seems to be fine until I view it in explorer and firefox.

For some reason all my buttons have a hyperlink blue/purple boarder which do not appear on safari. More of an issue is that my imagery seems to resize which either messes up the appearance of my graphics or sorts them to two lines (e.g. menu buttons in firefox).

My site is http://smithandwilliams.741.com/Index.html

Is there an easy solution to these problems? How do I stop the resizing of the imagery?

I realise that building it using safari was very na´ve, I am paying the price for it now!

Dezza.

domedia
01-12-2010, 02:12 PM
All links have an underline by default, and all images that are links have a border by default. To turn these borders off simply add this line to your CSS:
img {border: 0;}

Dezza
01-12-2010, 02:38 PM
All links have an underline by default, and all images that are links have a border by default. To turn these borders off simply add this line to your CSS:
img {border: 0;}

Got ya... thanks :-D

Any thoughts on why explorer stretches the images and firefox jumbles them about?

domedia
01-12-2010, 03:05 PM
There's several major issues with the page; Javascript code inside the style tags, page content outside the body tags. It's probably because of the free hosting advertisement.

Dezza
01-13-2010, 07:13 AM
There's several major issues with the page; Javascript code inside the style tags, page content outside the body tags. It's probably because of the free hosting advertisement.

Thanks domedia. Like I said, i'm a noob so ive probably messed up the page. I'll try a different host to see if it makes a difference.