PDA

View Full Version : Positioning Problem

jlcasey
01-09-2010, 12:01 AM
I have recieved some help from a different forum but I am still having difficulties. I am trying to revamp a website I made for my parents in high school and I am having some difficulty.

If anyone is will to look at the source code and tell me how to correct these problems I would greatly appreciate the help.

www.actheatingandcooling.com (http://www.actheatingandcooling.com/)

Problems

1. I defined height and width for the div but the image ends on the line below the text. If I insert </br> down to the bottom the whole image shows but once again I am sure this isn't the correct method.

2. The padding-top, padding-left, padding-right seem to have no affect on the text within the container div. Thus my text starts before at the top of the div and appears outside the intended area.

Novice in over his head,

Joe

DWcourse
01-09-2010, 12:20 AM
This won't be your last question about this page butů

padding-top: 60 px;
padding-left: 30 px;
padding-right: 30 px;

There shouldn't be a space between the number and the unit of measure. Try:

padding-top: 60px;
padding-left: 30px;
padding-right: 30px;

jlcasey
01-09-2010, 12:43 AM
Works well now THANK YOU! I realize I have much more to do now just to read up on how to create the background text box using CSS instead of background image.

Anyway thank you for the help.

Novice still way in over his head,

Joe

jlcasey
01-09-2010, 12:51 AM
Oh and lol about, "This won't be your last question about this page but…" when I saw that precursor to your reply I just laughed and thought if I only knew how many issues I am going to have before the end of this I probably wouldn't find it so funny.

Thanks for your time and I will probably be back as you say.

Joe

edbr
01-09-2010, 04:25 AM
welcome to the forum btw

DWcourse
01-09-2010, 05:06 AM
welcome to the forum btw

And, of course, that too. It's a good and knowledgeable group here.

jlcasey
01-09-2010, 05:14 AM
Thanks for the welcome and the help!