PDA

View Full Version : sidebar slippage!

Alexandra99
01-07-2010, 08:49 PM
Hi, I'm new here and I'm hoping someone might be able to help me - the sidebar in my website sits in the correct position in Firefox, Opera and Chrome with the top of the sidebar being level with the top of the main text area. However, in I.E 8 it slips down a bit and upsets the symmetry of the page:

http://www.virtualffs.co.uk/template3.html

I've been creating it in the design view in Dreamweaver as I have very little knowledge of writing code. I have been fiddling with it for days and have tried everything my limited knowledge can devise.

Many thanks,

Alexandra.

DWcourse
01-07-2010, 10:46 PM
You'll see this at the bottom of the code in the head of your document
<!--[if IE]>
<style type="text/css">
/* place css fixes for all versions of IE in this conditional comment */
.twoColLiqLtHdr #sidebar1 { padding-top: 30px; }
.twoColLiqLtHdr #mainContent { zoom: 1; padding-top: 15px; }
/* the above proprietary zoom property gives IE the hasLayout it needs to avoid several bugs */
</style>
<![endif]-->

Probably you want to adjust the padding in the .twoColLiqLtHdr #sidebar1 style rule.

Alexandra99
01-08-2010, 12:13 PM
Hi JC. Thank you so much for that - it works perfectly. I had spent hours and hours trying to fix it whilst working to a deadline so your solution is hugely appreciated.

Thanks again,

Alex.

DWcourse
01-08-2010, 02:46 PM
That issue is fairly common when you start customizing Dreamweaver's built in layouts.

Glad I could help.

edbr
01-09-2010, 03:27 AM
welcome to the forum. we like it when posters have tried before asking for help btw