PDA

View Full Version : App Div Problem

rikesh123
01-07-2010, 05:39 PM
Hey, I got this issue with dreamweaver. Basicly when I'm working in design view every is normal and working fine, but when I press F12 to preview the page I made all the app divs I made end up moving a bit up from their original location. Normaly this wouldnt be a big problem but I have boarders around the chunks of text which are in the app divs, so if the app divs move up the layout of the page ends up looking messed up.

This problem seems to mainly be affecting the app divs that have text and small pictures. For some reason the app divs which have huge pictures which I made in photoshop that take up half the screen are left alone and not affected by the problem. Thanks for any help.

domedia
01-07-2010, 06:06 PM
Do you have a link so we can see it?

Corrosive
01-07-2010, 06:06 PM
You are going to have to post a link or give us some code...oh, and be prepared for people to say 'don't build your whole site with ap divs!'

DWcourse
01-07-2010, 07:48 PM
'don't build your whole site with ap divs! :mrgreen:

edbr
01-08-2010, 12:05 AM
do a search on this forum as this has been outlined many times. if you want to use absolutely positioned divs keep them in a wrapper div so the reference points will use the edges of the parent div

rikesh123
01-09-2010, 12:56 PM
Fixed it. Apparently there was something wrong with the way I was copy and pasting the stuff which was messing up the layout. Thanks for your help guys.