PDA

View Full Version : Browser Issues

paulprice85
01-07-2010, 06:12 AM
Hi all, I dont know whether there is a common fix for this, but I have a gallery set up where you hover over a thumbnail and a bigger image is displayed. It looks great in Safari, Firefox, GoogleChrome but in Internet explorer a horrible black border is on the top and left edge. I have a border but this black line appears to be inside of that, but the image is perfectly clean. Any ideas what this could be? I'll include a link so those of you with Internet explorer can see what I mean.

Thanks guys

Paul

http://www.aboutpaul.co.uk/WorkPage.html

paulprice85
01-07-2010, 06:12 AM
http://www.aboutpaul.co.uk/WorkPage.html

d a v e
01-07-2010, 02:11 PM
which version of IE? there are about 8 ;)

paulprice85
01-07-2010, 09:38 PM
ah... :-) well... I'm in Korea whilst doing this so can't tell. Think it might be a problem common with IE6 to do with doubled margins on floated elements. Do you have IE on your computer?

Cheers Dave

DWcourse
01-07-2010, 10:43 PM
Also, your round up arrow icon is positioned outside your layout in IE.

DWcourse
01-07-2010, 10:49 PM
I don't see the problem you mentioned but:

IE6 doesn't support transparencies in pngs (without some help)

your portfolio rollovers don't work at all in IE6 for me

And your round buttons aren't positioned properly on the home page in IE6

paulprice85
01-08-2010, 02:05 AM
when you say not positioned properly, what do you mean by that. All is fine on this version of IE but I cant see what version it is as its obviously in Korean.

DWcourse
01-08-2010, 02:35 AM
In other browsers, the home page round buttons are more or less centered, in IE6 they were to the right.

paulprice85
01-08-2010, 05:30 AM
thanks so much for that. Everywhere else it looks fine, Reading about it theres a lot of criticism with that browser version, are those sorts of problems common with design in IE6? Just as I did everything in Dreamweaver that I thought I'd need to

domedia
01-08-2010, 02:00 PM
IE6 is the browser most developers consider to the be the currently worst commonly used browser with regards to standards.

A way to help with this is to learn HTML and CSS (which you have to anyways if you want to do this professionally) and the different browser quirks. Remember that Dreamweaver does not make you a developer any more than a camera makes you a photographer :)