PDA

View Full Version : Off-page positioning for .swf animation

unkle73
01-07-2010, 12:11 AM
Hi. I'm attempting to learn Dreamweaver in order to get a personal profile up and running. I'm hoping to copy what I've already preliminarily completed using wix.com, as seen here:
http://www.wix.com/unkle73/portfolio-site

What I need to know, is learn how to emulate all of the features of my wix site, but using Dreamweaver. First off, I want to know how to position my large rotating logo on the page, but offset it so that only part of it is visible at any one time as it rotates, so most of it is hidden beyond the top-right borders of the page.

Considering I'm only just learning the program, what would be the best way to achieve this in Dreamweaver?

domedia
01-07-2010, 01:43 PM
The page you linked to is not a normal web site per se, it's just a flash file. If you want to reproduce it as it is now, you'd have to use Adobe Flash.

unkle73
01-08-2010, 11:23 PM
Thanks for the tip.
Is it possible to have a combination of Flash and Dreamweaver-based pages to make up a site, or does it all have to be consistent to one format?

Ricky55
01-09-2010, 03:01 AM
Of course you can have a mixture many sites on the web use Flash elements that are not full flash sites.

The example that you provided though was all done in Flash.

Just depends what you want, the look you are trying to achieve who the site is targeted at etc.

If you show us some ideas we could perhaps recommend to you some possible solutions.