PDA

View Full Version : New to template creation with cs4

kyrogue
01-06-2010, 04:48 AM
hi, i recently have just started making a template and am having trouble making it.i created a photoshop layout that i have done from online tutorials, and have sliced them . then in dreamweaver i created tables and pieced the slices into the tables to its original form . but when i put a editable region on the places where i want to put content, the whole slice is replaced by the editable region which makes the background blank, any idea why does this happen?

Corrosive
01-06-2010, 06:46 AM
Building a site with tables isn't really a very good idea I'm afraid. You'll run into problems like this. You need to start looking at div based construction and use your images as backgrounds using CSS.

DWcourse
01-06-2010, 03:57 PM
I second Corrosive on this one. Learn to use CSS for layout. There are a number of CSS layouts built in to DW that you can start with (read the notes in the CSS file to help you get started understanding how CSS positioning works).

MagicPower
01-06-2010, 05:45 PM
Ps to Dw is not good, has alot of issues n is very disturbing. i started out like that but then got to grips with CSS. Trust everyone here CSS is the way forward, very clean and easy to use once you get to understand it.