PDA

View Full Version : Fixed Div Issues

Chapo
01-06-2010, 02:45 AM
OK... i don't know how to explain but here it goes... i have a Div that has my Main Menu at the side of my site, i want that Div or Menu to always be in the same area even if i scroll down the site. I know you could do that with the Fixed Position, but the problem is that the Menu apears bellow the header and top menu, so you have to scroll down first to then the Menu will go up and apear, what i want is that Div to stay in that position when it appears after the scroll. So it doesn't matter if keep going down with the scroll it will remain their at the left column, and if i go all tge way to the top it will go back to its normal position.

I thought some kind of padding, margin or code so when it reaches the top of the browser, it will remain there, just thinking.....

Is its posible, did i explained well ?

www.eldeportivopr.com (the main menu or div is at the left column)

DWcourse
01-06-2010, 03:43 AM
I'm sure there's a solution but it's not going to be a simple matter of styles. At least as I understand it, for fixed to work properly the fixed position object has to appear in the initial browser screen.

Corrosive
01-06-2010, 06:49 AM
At least as I understand it, for fixed to work properly the fixed position object has to appear in the initial browser screen.

I thin you're right JC. Chapo, you may want to look at javascript solutions for this.

Chapo
01-06-2010, 11:55 AM
Thanx guys.... ill search fir this in javascript..!!!!!

Chapo
01-06-2010, 12:00 PM
I find this site... maybe you guys know more about this...

http://www.quirksmode.org/js/findpos.html

Corrosive
01-06-2010, 03:32 PM
No, sorry mate, no idea. As I've said to you before it amazes me how much there is to learn!

DWcourse
01-06-2010, 03:41 PM
I think that's intended for use when the browser window is resized, not for scrolling. I think you're going to discover that it's very hard to do what you want and get it to work with all the major browsers.

Also, I have to question why you would want to design a page where you have to scroll to get to the navigation menu. Seems pretty user unfriendly to me.

Chapo
01-06-2010, 09:51 PM
Yeah Mate.... pretty much to learn.... just was an idea... Happy Holidays Corrosive and JC...wish this year god bless you and family..!!!!!