PDA

View Full Version : Link question

dtaylor83
01-03-2010, 05:45 PM
Is a redirect link be considered an actual link by SEO standards?
I'm getting mixed messages from various people about this. that know more or less about web design as i do and would like to end the debate. :mrgreen:

edbr
01-04-2010, 03:08 AM
are you using 301 redirect?

dtaylor83
01-04-2010, 04:05 AM
i was actually referring to an inbound link. from what i can tell its a dynamic site. i don't know much more then that. sorry for the confusion.

domedia
01-04-2010, 02:10 PM
What do you mean by 'redirect link'. Can you give an example?
a 301 redirect is good if you think SEO.

dtaylor83
01-04-2010, 04:28 PM
For example. When i go to my hosts domain and view the statistics under "Connect to site from" it shows a listing that tells me the urls people are coming from say www.domain.com/redirect/ or domain.com/view.asp . I assumed these were redirects since the sub listing "Direct address/ Bookmark/ Link in email..." was empty.

I'm not sure what these domains are useing other when that the page extension says like .asp or .cfm

My main question is: In SEO are redirects still counted as a link back to my domain by the search engines?

The free articles i've found online are a little vague on this other than i absolutely need links to me. and some of the people i've talked to say redirects dont matter wile others say the crawlers will ignore redirects. These guys more or less know as much as i do about web design so i figured id ask someone whose been in this business for some time about it.

domedia
01-04-2010, 05:06 PM
Again it depends on what you mean by 'redirect'.
What you've described does not sound like regular links to me, so I would guess they don't really count.

dtaylor83
01-09-2010, 03:51 PM
sorry for the late reply but thanks for the information.