PDA

View Full Version : Putting MP3 player on website / FTP question, too.

przewozj
12-28-2009, 05:20 AM
Alright, I'm new here -- pulling out every bit of my hair trying to figure this out...

I have a hopefully easy question.

1. I want to put a flash MP3 player, or any type of Mp3 Player to play 3-20 tracks per ARTIST page [this is a music promotion website] - What would be the best bet for an MP3 Player and how to code correctly through my FTP site.

Ricky55
12-28-2009, 12:01 PM
Coding an MP3 player has nothing to do with FTP.

Your best bet really is to do this in Flash, in Flash you can build simple or highly sophisticated MP3 players.

If you are wanting to code yourself you could check out this video tutorial.

http://www.cartoonsmart.com/as3_music_player.html

If you are just wanting to do something simple then check out the web for tutorials on working with sound in Actionscript 3.0

Ricky55
12-28-2009, 12:03 PM
If you want something simple to get you started and I can post some code on here for you and then email you the flash file, it doesn't look anything at all but its got the basic functionality there for you to build a player around.

przewozj
12-28-2009, 12:19 PM
I actually finally got TS Player to work on my website...though, I do have a question about a secure type player...[ I could use some other player or method if you have any ideas. thanks!]

Any way to avoid people being able to download a song from my website ? or hide the true file name by renaming it within the playlist

IE: /mp3/Track1 within host
On playlist - Artist - Track 1

Thanks

Ricky55
12-28-2009, 05:10 PM
I was under the impression you wanted to create a custom player yourself.

If you've got a player working though that's cool.

With regards to protecting the files I can't really see how you can but I might be wrong.

Hiding the true name should be a simple case of renaming the file / changing the ID Tag info for the mp3, can't see why you'd want to do this though.