PDA

View Full Version : Layers not showing in explorer

windsurfer
12-23-2009, 08:13 PM
I am using dreamweaver 8.02 and just started a new page with layer 1 horizontal accros the top 250X89 and a layer vertical below 95x400 starting at 0,0
When i insert a gif background into layer 1 that has the same size ie: 250x89 and open IE it won't show if i make the layer 1 point larger than the IMG is does show. now for the layer 2 i inserted an img for the background and the only time it will show up is when i make the layer bigger than the image and also it can't touch layer 1. if i set layer 2 so that is starts where layer 1 ends it layer 2 won't show. Also i have set no overlapping and in design view i can't overlap the layers but when i display in IE the layer 2 overlaps layer 1 about 1/2 way up no matter where i specified the layer to be. Both are absolute position. I popped these suckers into Frontpage and works just great. ..... Using XP 32 bit and updates DW to 8.02 IE 8
Pulling my hair out LOL

Corrosive
12-24-2009, 06:19 AM
Pulling my hair out LOL

You will continue to pull your hair out if you use absolute positioning for page structure IMO.

windsurfer
12-24-2009, 12:42 PM
Be that as it may, that doesn't explain what is happening here. I just reinstalled DW and no difference. I made a simple form in Frontpage and works fine, as a matter of fact when i open that page with DW everything is fine. Looks to me DW is corrupting the page somehow.

Corrosive
12-24-2009, 01:59 PM
Looks to me DW is corrupting the page somehow.

Wouldn't have thought so. AFAIK Dreamweaver doesn't do stuff without you telling it to.

Do you have code or a URL we can look at please?

Ricky55
12-25-2009, 12:19 AM
Corrosive is right, you won't fix issues like this by reinstalling Dreamweaver.

Lets have a look at some code.