PDA

View Full Version : problem with layout

JBD
12-22-2009, 09:07 PM
http://www.thebridgetoengland.co.uk/about-bristol.htm

For some reason whenever I use a list it appears level with the bottom image on the left hand side thus creating large gaps between the list heading and the start of the list. Any ideas where I have gone wrong?

Thanks!

DWcourse
12-22-2009, 09:39 PM
Why is your rightcol inside your leftcol and your nav ul outside of it?

JBD
12-22-2009, 11:49 PM
yeah I know the div names are confusing as I originally had 3 columns (nav, leftcol & rightcol) but then my client decided they wanted to join the left and right columns. I kept the names but changed the functions. The thing is everything was working fine but I've obviously done something to now make the lists display this way and I just can't see where I've gone wrong. How is there a relation between where the bottom of the nav col finishes and where the beginning of the lists start within the main column. Any help really appreciated.

Corrosive
12-23-2009, 10:38 AM
I think it because you have used clear: left; in your styles for the left column list. It is making it clear anything that is floated left i.e. the left hand side of your layout.

JBD
12-23-2009, 07:44 PM
Removing clear:left; from the 'rightcol' worked perfectly. Many thanks Corrosive :-D

Corrosive
12-24-2009, 06:17 AM
You're welcome. Being a fellow Bristol lad n' all :)