PDA

View Full Version : Need help in making forms I make to be saved

triplej
12-22-2009, 03:02 PM
http://www.spreadsheetserver.com/dem...2f3pnzzb5jbnmc (http://www.spreadsheetserver.com/demo/g/wf1.aspx?frm=snash5ijas2f3pnzzb5jbnmc)

I actually bought their conversion program and worked nicely but I am unable to save the forms I generate or should I say when someone fills them in. They has figured out a way to do it and this is exactly what I want to do, I could use their service for now but I dont even have the 2 dollars to do it. But I have a server at godaddy and time.

Can anyone see what they are doing and trying to explain this concept??

I would be very happy to figure this one out. Looks exactly like how I would want it with a login and they have login examples also.

I am new to some of this stuff. I would someone to give me an example maybe of how this is done and helpe me figure out what I need (server, etc).. I have a regular site at godaddy right now.

Please email me and let me if you can help me at yahoo I guess: jerryjaysr (@yahoo)

Thanks -

triplej
12-23-2009, 12:44 PM
I would like to get this done very soon for the new year.

Please let me know what we can do and a price.

I am going to generate all the forms, upload, maintain site, etc.

I just want someone who can walk me through step by step until its done.

You would be helping build some code needed to get it done and what programs I should use and file structure, etc.

I do have VWD2008 and Dreamweaver using Godaddy hosting

Thank you.

Corrosive
12-23-2009, 01:04 PM
It might help if you can elaborate on what exactly it is you want/need. I'm not seeing much other than an HTML form that does a calculation. Are you looking to create this using web tech such as PHP and SQL?

triplej
12-23-2009, 01:23 PM
Okay, I have a form or should I say a complete program built in Excel 2003. Works great. Macros, popups, graphs, elaborate complex calculations. But I found out that almost no one has Excel.

SO i need to make this online now. I can generate almost all pages (forms) needed. I can convert them on a program I bought from spreadsheetconverter. I am not a real programmer nor great web guy.

What I want to do is get people to sign up and use my program. It builds meals for them. It is currently being used by Top USF fighters and Pro Bodybuilders. Only a few people know about it. It has great potential but I have almost no money so I cant afford to get someone to build me a turnkey internet site. I have alittle more time so I was hoping someone could asist me as I need it and explain the details I would need to build the site and maintain it. There may be a potential of thousands of people using it.

This is great for diabetes people as well as the average Joe.

So, I have a website made in Dreamweaver and hosted at godaddy. I want to now is make:

1 - A way for them to sign up - right now I have a basic form on my website already. It gets emailed to me
2 - Then a login screen for them to access only their pages
3 - Then a nice personalized welcome screen for them
4 - Then they pay per paypal I guess (already have a count set up and works)
5 - Then I will (or the system can) generate all necesary pages they would need. Would be great if the system could do this. I was thinking that I would make a generic page in Excel, convert it, edit the html and save as a generic page. Then when someone signs up to edit the page so it is personalized with their information (weigth, calories, ect).
6 - They must be able to save the pages and be latter reviewd in their browser.

I did put this on rentcoder place and got all kinds of quotes (from $100 to $50,000). I tried one person and it turned out terrible. All they did was screen shots and took my money. I am broke, have 6 kids, a great program .....sounds like a Blues Brother Movie!!

If I could get someone to help me I would consider to pay them as we get people signed up or now depending on the price. It has great potential money wise as the Health Care Reform needs a Wellness Program and I have it.

There is a site at spreadsheet (see above post) that is doing what I need, I think. If I can make the pages, it seems that I need the ablilty for them to be just saved. It sounded easy, but I can not figure it out easily in html. I am persuing VWD2008 as well but not much experience at server side/client side workings.

I can use their site but I may need to edit, move and do too much with the files. Just would not work out and I would be at their mercy. Not a good way to start a business.

I know a web programmer who said this is awesome but could take some money to do this if it had to be totally redone. Thats why I was hoping their could be shortcuts to save money.

Does this help any.

Thanks - Jerry

I can send an example Excel program to show my goal.

Corrosive
12-23-2009, 02:37 PM
Wow, you are in a total Catch22. Great programme and no money. That sucks :(

I think the explanation you have given now is much clearer as a brief so I'm kinda not sorry I pushed you!

To be honest the first few things that you want are fairly easily created using PHP and SQL (login/client specific pages) but as to getting Excel to work in the background and display in a web page I have no idea.

The best advice I can give is to take your time and look at the options. You could get someone to build you a bespoke site but when it comes to running it you'll be back at square one. Best to try and learn IMO. Possibly a CMS such as Drupal is the way forward for you but it is a fairly steep learning curve. There are some guys on here who use Drupal commercially (DavidJ is one) so they may be able to give you some pointers to set you on your way.