PDA

View Full Version : Can you do this?

Round One
12-17-2009, 06:19 AM
I am looking at doing a site using CS4, can you run two templates on one site?
I want my homepage to look different to other pages on site.
Other pages will all be uniformal same.
Can you do this. And would building of site in Fireworks and then sending to Dreamweaver, be a good idea or do it all in Dreamweaver. :roll:

Corrosive
12-17-2009, 07:34 AM
Yes, you can run two templates on one site but if your home page is unique then I don't see a need for a second template.

DWcourse
12-17-2009, 12:42 PM
Corrosive is right. Templates are for building multiple similar pages. It doesn't make sense to create a template and then use it for only one page. And exporting a site from Fireworks isn't a good solution. Build it in Dreamweaver and use CSS positioning (not tables). Check out some of the built-in layouts if you're new to web design.

Round One
12-19-2009, 01:20 AM
Can you have a look at a site for me and tell me if this site is a template site or not. I want to build something like this.

http://www.joeys.org/

I like to idea of going to page and having related pages off to side.

edbr
12-19-2009, 01:56 AM
yes it is ,if you look at source there are editable regions so they have converted to a template. but you can make anypage you make into a template so i dont completely understand why you ask this

DWcourse
12-19-2009, 04:42 PM
It's template-based but it looks like the designer/developer created the template. I don't think it's one you'll find available for download.