PDA

View Full Version : Updating links on a template and applying the changes throughout the site

Letter A
12-17-2009, 02:37 AM
I've created a template which my whole site is more or less based on. But some of the main images weren't linked from the start. Now I would like to link them but apply the changes across all my web pages. is it possible to link my main template and then apply the changes across all the pages or do I have to go and do it manually. I have tried, and Dw asks if I want to apply the changes across my site. But the links are never actually changed afterwards. Come to think of it, whenever I alter my template I can never manage to apply the changes across my site. Im pretty sure Im doing the right thing. Any help would be much appreciated.
A

DWcourse
12-17-2009, 03:12 AM
When you update a template DW asks if you would like to update the pages based upon that template. If you say yes, then the areas of the template that are not in editable regions are updated on you pages. The content in editable regions is unique to each page and is not updated when a template is saved.

Once the pages are updated you, of course, have to upload the updated pages to your server.

Letter A
12-17-2009, 04:39 AM
Is it possible to change a part of the template from editable to uneditable and if so how? Thanks in advance. BTW im making this site in WYSIWYG mode, in case havent noticed. I do plan on learning coding soon. Do you know of any decent sites or tutorials or anything?
Thanks for all the help you've given so far.
A

DWcourse
12-17-2009, 04:56 AM
The entire template starts out as a non-editable region. You have to add the editable regions.

To make an editable region non-editable, select it and choose menu: Modify>Templates>Remove Template Markup.