PDA

View Full Version : Creating a site with Membership and Store

wolfmanbc
12-16-2009, 01:43 PM
I have to create a website that has a amember log in, profile page etc... as well as an online store. I hvae no experience with creating memberships or ecommerce. I've heard that this is an extremely difficult process but using some 3 party vendors might help.

Can anyone suggest any good tutorials on bulding somthing liike this or reccomend some trustworthy 3rd party vendors?

Any advice at all is appreciated.

maartenvr
12-17-2009, 02:09 AM
3rd party vendors to do what? setup the payment processor?

edbr
12-17-2009, 02:32 AM
membership there is a tutorial on this forum.
e commerce look at zen cart or anty of the many availablle they installable with their instructions , so as there free try and see. most have a payment gate way included

Justindukesdesign
12-21-2009, 03:49 PM
Also If you want to use a CMS program joomla has all kinds of add ons like a community builder for your memberships and a shopping cart add on to help build your store, All you have to do once installed is add the info about your product and set the price. As far as third party vendors, I think you might be talking about drop shipping. Where someone else who sells the product allows you to sell it from your site with their code and processing and you take a cut of the sale.