PDA

View Full Version : Applied templates not appearing on web?

Viridis
12-15-2009, 09:31 PM
So I built a template for my website, and it was okay.

Then I went back and changed the template, so I could use a Spry menu bar with drop-down tabs and make things simpler (and fix a redirection problem I was having resulting in 404 errors.)

Looking through the files of the pages in DreamWeaver, the new template seems to have applied to all pages, the way it's supposed to.

However. When I browse through the site online, only a few of the pages show up with the new template. The rest show up with the old template. Everything still works, but I'm confused as to why the pages are showing up differently in DW and on the web. Is it just a cache issue with my computer? I haven't had much chance to check the site on other machines. o_O

I've checked the site in both Firefox and Chrome and the same issue shows up.

(The site is http://yumekistudios.com)

I'm still pretty new to DW and website building in general, so I apologize if this is a stupid question.

edbr
12-16-2009, 12:14 AM
easiest way to check if cache is just refresh it in the browsers. the spry bar is working in ff for me

Viridis
12-16-2009, 01:37 AM
Yeah, but is it appearing on every page? My problem is that the menu bar works, but when I go to most of the pages (particularly the images in the gallery), I get the old layout which had mapped areas instead of a spry bar.

I'm going to try and check it on my roommate's computers when I get a chance. Mostly I just need to know if it's showing up weird on all computers, or if it's just mine.

edbr
12-16-2009, 01:57 AM
no it is showing on the gallery but the source code on others has no sprymenu reference, delete these files on the server and upload again . are you using a 3 rd party software like filezilla? if so make sure you tick the overwrite option

Viridis
12-16-2009, 03:56 PM
I'm doing everything from DreamWeaver. I put in the server information given by my domain host, and... DW is supposed to upload everything from there. How do I go in and make delete or overwrite the files from DW?

edbr
12-17-2009, 12:40 AM
sorry i never use dw for this so i cant comment . anyone?

DWcourse
12-17-2009, 02:19 AM
You should be able to check the remote site on Dreamweaver after uploading and see if the files uploaded (modified date and time will be the same for local and remote pages). If the pages uploaded and you don't see the changes in your browser (after refreshing) then you've probably defined your remote site incorrectly and are uploading the files to the wrong directory. Make sure the Host Directory is correctly set in the Remote Site Definition.

You can delete pages on the server by selecting them in the Remote Site portion of the Site window and pressing the delete key (or right+click on the file and select Edit>Delete from the pop-up menu).