PDA

View Full Version : Cannot set Bindings in CS4

ratbags21
12-14-2009, 08:25 PM
I keep getting an error that says:

"Access to c:\Inetpub\wwwroot\mystite\temp.html was denied"

This is why I cannot get the tick beside "set up the Sites Testing Server"
and therefore i cannot create any bindings.

Can anyone help?

davidj
12-15-2009, 06:06 AM
make sure the file / directory is not set to read only

ratbags21
12-15-2009, 07:29 AM
Thanks for your response - I've checked that and also changed the security to allow "CREATOR" full access. Its very weird. Also, I managed to "put" the whole site into this folder but when I look at the DW Local/remote screen all the folders in the Testing Server are red and I now cannot "put" any more files to c:\inetpub\wwwroot\Newland. Weird! Maybe its an IIS thing?

davidj
12-15-2009, 07:33 AM
the testing server displays a red tree structure

nothing to do with your problem

right click on root dir. In properties uncheck read only checkbox

You will get a dialogue asking to cascade your request through sub directories and files. You want to agree to it

i think you can do it in Dreamweaver but your better off doing it through windows

ratbags21
12-16-2009, 12:37 PM
Thanks again David
I really have tried everything imaginable to set permissions
However, you cannot change the permissions of c:\inetpub so I imagine
that DW cannot save the file "temp.html" when it does Bindings because of this.
tried to load screenshots but file too big! if you let me have your email address can send

davidj
12-16-2009, 03:16 PM
I am afraid you have exhausted my knowledge and unfortunately wont be able to help any further.

I have never used bindings due to hand coding everything I develop

domedia
12-16-2009, 03:46 PM
This does not sound like a DW or bindings issue, wrong layer. You just see the symptom there.
It sounds like a Windows or IIS thing.

ratbags21
12-16-2009, 08:24 PM
Thanks Domedia. I was starting to think the same. I have scoured the IIS manager but have no idea what to tweak to put things right.
I read the "Define your site" tutorial but unfortunately there is nothing in there
about setting up a test server.
Perhaps you may consider writing one - I'm sure lots of other people would benefit too.