PDA

View Full Version : WAMP or XAMPP

WotNow
12-13-2009, 04:02 AM
Hi I am new to PHP and was doing some research, am I better off installing WAMP or XAMPP on windows 7, thanks

davidj
12-13-2009, 09:05 AM
They both do the same thing

I prefer WAMP just because i am familiar with it

WotNow
12-13-2009, 10:43 AM
My colleague had so many problems installing wamp that I am a bit nervous to install it. Did you receive my email

Corrosive
12-13-2009, 10:56 AM
I use WAMP, under some instruction from DJ at first, but I find it very good. As he said. Both do the same thing.

edbr
12-14-2009, 12:13 AM
wamp is not difficult to install , another is easyphp they all do the same job just admin is different in each, a queestion of choice.
my favourite was apache2triad but sady there has been no upgrade for some time so a dead horse really ow

WotNow
12-14-2009, 02:36 AM
Thanks to you all, I have now installed WAMP successfully. I think the problems my colleague had was that she was running Vista Home Premium and we read somewhere in a forum afterwards that WAMP does not install well on that operating system.

davidj
12-14-2009, 06:51 AM
Thanks to you all, I have now installed WAMP successfully. I think the problems my colleague had was that she was running Vista Home Premium and we read somewhere in a forum afterwards that WAMP does not install well on that operating system.

Na

i reckon it was a config issue. I use Vista HP and never had a problem