PDA

View Full Version : Saving Glitch

LadyEllen
12-05-2009, 07:20 PM
Hi All...this may be a dumb question..but I've just installed DW CS4 and now when I save my page..the cursor jumps back to the start of the page. It's one with a fair amount of content..and so it means scrolling through or going through the find thing every time..what a pain.

I want it to save and stay where I'm working...can I do this?

Thanx
LE
:confused:

DWcourse
12-07-2009, 01:34 AM
I see this behavior the first time I save a document but it doesn't occur on future saves. Im using CS4 on a Mac. I haven't had a chance to check it out on a PC.

LadyEllen
12-07-2009, 10:36 AM
Yes, I was hoping it was just a 'start-up' thing..but it continues. The content was originally a copy and paste of a Word doc...I wonder if that can be why??? I did the Clean up Word Html command..got rid of lots of junk..but the save thing hasn't changed.

Thanx
LE

gentleone
12-07-2009, 12:40 PM
The content was originally a copy and paste of a Word doc...I wonder if that can be why???

This can be the reason, but did you test it with another HTML document. If this document saves how it should save, then you know for sure that it's not a DW CS4 error.

A tip! Never copy directly from a Word doc into DW. Paste it first in a .txt file in Notepad and then copy from there again into DW.

LadyEllen
12-07-2009, 01:06 PM
I'm having the problem with another html and I now believe it's a conflict between CS4 and my computer..which is an older PC (Acer) laptop. Saving my pennies for a MAC in Jan, I hope.

I think I'll just go back to CS3 until I can upgrade...not sure how I feel about all the CSS/HTML thing in the Properties Inspector on 4...I've never done a lot of CSS...I suppose it's time to learn..:mrgreen:

I write ebooks on health and do a fantasy series for kids...so normally write everything in Word...then take it into DW to add the interactive parts..links, images, etc (so much easier there) and then save the whole shooting match as a pdf..Voila! eg. www.whattoreadafterharrypotter.com (http://www.whattoreadafterharrypotter.com) and www.flusymptomflucure.com (http://www.flusymptomflucure.com)

Maybe that whole process should change. I get the bit about putting into notepad first...but I lose all my basic formatting..paragraphs, etc..or am I doing that wrong?

Anyway, thanx for the tips and suggestions..lovely to have a place to get some help...
Cheers,
LE

gentleone
12-07-2009, 01:52 PM
I don't think it has to do with CS4 or CS3 on your laptop. The technical specs are pretty much the same, so if CS3 runs smooth on your laptop then CS4 has too.

LadyEllen
12-07-2009, 01:58 PM
Well, then..now I am stumped.

I've got the content in a table..to keep it the right page size, etc when opened as a pdf. When ever I save..the cursor goes back to the top left, outside the table???? No idea here...:(