PDA

View Full Version : same latout of diffeent media!!!

nits4u
12-04-2009, 03:06 PM
guys my site looks different on mobile ph.. I want it to be same for each device or display...
how to do this ? am i have to use different css for each one !!!
thnx

www.maabhangayni.com

Corrosive
12-04-2009, 05:06 PM
That's a really difficult question and how phones interpret sites is even more variable than PC/Mac browsers. My Blackberry, for instance, gives you what you would see in a normal browser unless you hit a site designed specifically for mobiles (like the BBC) when you get a much more 'stripped down' version. Other phones will display content only and some look for phone specific pages. It is a wide and varied thing to get your head around.

This seems quite interesting;

http://www.stemkoski.com/how-to-design-websites-for-mobile-phones/

domedia
12-04-2009, 06:41 PM
guys my site looks different on mobile ph.. I want it to be same for each device or display... Not possible. And to be honest it's not true for the web either ..

edbr
12-05-2009, 01:11 AM
using php i use a script called is_mobile which detects phone and i then redirect or use a dynamically based style sheet using if conditions, it icould be complicated for sure'

i use it on specific pages redirecting to a 'mobile' folder. for instance i have one page of jobs on an employment site that is visited using moblie phones , i direct them to a folder that has pages with no flash, smaller layout and images.

i am sure there is a java script alternative but i would say you have to choose your battles and may have to compromise even then