PDA

View Full Version : Editable Region-Selection Problems

dboutros
12-04-2009, 05:31 AM
Hello everyone, I am extremely new at website design and am working on my second website (first website created on Frontpage 2003, now using Dreamweaver CS3). I am making a template which is a basic 2 column 2 row layout. I have provided an image below. I need the logo, header, and nav bar sections locked regions. Most importantly, i need everything done in the cell called editable region to be editable. What I guess I really want to do is be able to insert a table in this region. Everything I have been doing so far has led me to just inserting a region in the cell, and when I place a table in this region on another page I cannot edit the table and instead get a javascript error. Yet when I make the whole layout editable, I can do that but then changes in the template aren't updated on the other pages. If anyone can advise how to create such a template, even if i have to start over can anyone help me? Anything as soon as possible would be great, since I am on a deadline and this is really the only thing stopping me. I just need to make this one region editable and able to insert an editable table most importantly in this cell.

Thanks in advance.

http://i292.photobucket.com/albums/mm32/dboutros/layout.jpg

domedia
12-04-2009, 05:21 PM
Web Design is not done with tables, so I'd find a tutorial or book on how to lay out web pages asap since you're on a time schedule.

A Javascript error should not have anything to do with using editable regions in DW. Make sure you read how to use templates from the manual.

dboutros
12-04-2009, 07:08 PM
Thank you, I realize what I was doing wrong. Now I am creating div tags to make the layout work, I have a neutral page and managed to get the box right for the nav bar and the logo set up. I just can't get the boxes for the editable region and the header to go to the right of the logo and the nav bar. They are coming up underneath it. what setting do I need to mess with in the CSS rules to make them come up to the right of them? The logo and nav bar have a set width. logo is 250 width by 200 height, nav bar is 250 width by auto height. Thanks in advance.

Corrosive
12-05-2009, 07:42 AM
You need to float the divs so that they line up next to each other. Look at this post; http://www.dreamweaverclub.com/forum/showthread.php?t=34571

DWcourse
12-07-2009, 01:26 AM
You could also use one of DW built-in CSS page layouts. It looks like the 2-col fixed, left-siderbar, header and footer would be where to start.