PDA

View Full Version : Dreamweaver Site Wide Background

wsutliff
12-03-2009, 05:10 PM
I have a website with 200 pages. Unfortunately when I created the page I didn't put the background in my CSS but instead did right click page background on the first page I created and then just did save as from the first page to all other pages.

That said, I need to change the background for all pages, but when I created a CSS rule in my main css that applies to all pages . . .

.body {
text-align: center;
margin: 0px;
padding: 0px;
background: 171e45 url(../images/pagebackground.jpg) repeat-x 171;

. . . it didn't apply site wide. Is there anyway I can do this site wide without having to change all 200 pages individually?

domedia
12-03-2009, 05:38 PM
You want to apply your CSS rule to all <body> tags, but what you've made is a CSS class (drop the period character)

rattlsnak
12-03-2009, 09:42 PM
just to be clear, have you created an external stlye page with the above code, and then applied it all 200 pages? or did you make a class on the first page only with an internal stlye sheet? in other words, where is your "main css" ?

wsutliff
12-04-2009, 05:08 AM
I took the period off, but still did not help.

Yes this is an external style sheet that holds all my formatting for the site. Just for some reason when I created this site and CSS I didn't include the background in it, I put it on every page. I know it was dumb, and I know how to fix it the long way, I just am hoping there is a way to change it site wide.

edbr
12-04-2009, 05:23 AM
'IF' you have the same styles on all pages you could select that then do a find and replace with a link to your css sheet

domedia
12-04-2009, 05:17 PM
I took the period off, but still did not help. Than you're doing something wrong :-(