PDA

View Full Version : logins and security

de049
12-03-2009, 09:23 AM
Hi all,

I am developing a site for a local soccer team. It will host information on teams and players and also many photos. Here's were my concern lies. I dont like the idea of having photos of youths available for the whole world to download.

I was thinking of setting up a user login option where those authenticated users will have right click allowed over images,. whilst those not logged in will not.

I know disabling right click is not 100% safe still, buit it will be better than nothing. I will also watermark all photos anyways.

I am not using ASP or PHP, just HTML on DW CS4. Therefore how is the best way to introduce user accounts at this stage?

thanks

edbr
12-03-2009, 09:37 AM
if you use .htaccess you can password protect a directory very easily , it will have only 1 password however.
if yu want a more spphisticated membership system which will involve using databases

Corrosive
12-03-2009, 11:20 AM
Although htaccess is an option I'd want to have a log of who has signed in and out and at what times to pick up on any potential issues/risks and I agree wholeheartedly with securing these images in this way. You can then control who gets a password and also track activity.You'll need to get some PHP and MySQL down to really make this work IMO.