PDA

View Full Version : 'About Me' Pages

Corrosive
11-30-2009, 07:20 PM
Here's a question: 'About Me' pages on business websites. Good or bad thing? I'm talking your freelance designers, photographers etc.

domedia
11-30-2009, 07:53 PM
I doubt anyone is going to tell you that information about yourself, particularly on a freelance, website is 'bad' in any way 8) I can tell there's something lurking here though.. Did a client tell you not include a page about the company?

walkamongus
11-30-2009, 11:29 PM
I dont think they are necessary, but I like to know a little about potential business partners.

I tend to like the condensed ones more than the "he was born in 1979 on a small farm in nebraska, it was a wednesday..."

edbr
12-01-2009, 12:52 AM
some peoples (many?) distrust of the internet is not knowing who they are dealing with so about me or company profiles are valid i think
point being those who want to see will look those that done care wont open the link , so it can only be a plus and I cant see how it would be a negative unless the about me uncovers several convictions for internet fraud

Corrosive
12-01-2009, 07:10 AM
Some interesting points. This hasn't stemmed from a client thing. I'm doing a free build for a photographer friend of mine in my spare time and we were discussing profiles, how much to include, what kind of info and whether or not it matters at all. Even whether it may put some people off who think 'he's not my kind of person at all'. Just wondered what you guys thought.

Ed, nicely put as ever mate :)

nias6969
12-01-2009, 06:29 PM
I for one read the about me/us pages ( maybe I am anal !!!) Just feel you get to know a little about the company/person and agree with edbar about the distrust thing -- why not cover as many bases as possible.
Also shows they give a damn if its relevent to the service offered

cocoonfx
12-07-2009, 01:24 PM
Depends on the client, if its a personal trainer, or a small business then an about me or about us is possible a good idea, as then the client can warm to the person as well as there service. For a estiblished company then there should be a company profile similar to what they would put in a promo brochure etc...