PDA

View Full Version : Requesting information

gigiloumill
11-29-2009, 10:47 PM
Guys, the only thing I have not done in DW as of yet is CSS styles. I was wondering if someone can point me in the right direction. I need to create several divs in one page and I would like to create a CSS to make them look the same and attractive. I am including an RSS feed in every single one of them and I need them all to look the same. Is there a tutorial to follow? I need to place them in the right spot, color, title and description. Thanks

gentleone
11-30-2009, 09:35 AM
http://www.htmldog.com/guides/cssbeginner/

gigiloumill
11-30-2009, 03:08 PM
Thanks. This is one thing I just do not understand. I built a div, the only thing I'm including in it is a php snippet. How can I make div attractive? Right now all I get is text when I test. I need for the title font to look a little bigger than the description font and perhaps put a division dotted line between the title and the description. Can someone please point me in the right direction. Thanks

Corrosive
11-30-2009, 03:10 PM
Well if you are using a tag such as h1 for your title then style that using css. I.e. h1 {border: 1px dotted #000} This can happily sit within your styled div. To style the rest of the text in the div you can style the div itself using a class or an ID.

gigiloumill
11-30-2009, 03:26 PM
I see where you're going with this. I'm not including the title or the description. I'm using an RSS Feed php code. The code itself places the title and the description. I just would like to give the div a certain look. thanks

domedia
11-30-2009, 03:38 PM
It doesn't matter what generates the HTML.
You use CSS to style it.

Corrosive
11-30-2009, 04:30 PM
What does the output of the PHP look like? As Dom says, by the time it is processed and on the page it is HTML and can be styled with CSS.