PDA

View Full Version : Help with user editable stationery page

serendipitydw
11-28-2009, 04:49 AM
I would like to create a website that will allow users to customize their stationery and see a live preview of it, fonts and graphics prior to ordering.
Would dreamweaver be the program for this? If so can anyone provide any further direction on where to start or tutorials?

Many thanks,
AM

domedia
11-28-2009, 08:00 PM
You're going to need some application on the server end that puts together the stationary. Depending on your skillset, I would consider hiring a server side programmer with some knowledge about server side graphic capabilities. I don't think Dreamweaver or any other kind of software is going to compensate for this, but I'm not a hands on server guy either. Anyone else?

serendipitydw
11-28-2009, 10:59 PM
Thanks domedia, that is helpful. Any other input on how I can make that happen is appreciated. The sites that I am looking at that already do this are finestationery.com and tinyprints.com.

thanks in advance!
AM

Corrosive
11-29-2009, 07:26 AM
I agree with Domedia. There is no obvious way to use DW for this. The examples you have given have a lot of javascript and CFM (ColdFusion code, or CFML (ColdFusion Markup Language)) to make the magic happen. Depending on your skill set it may take you a while to learn everything you need.

edbr
12-01-2009, 12:16 AM
the basic ( and i mean basic) answer is style changing which would be not so hard, problems would arrise with the fonts as if they are not o the viewers computer they wont see them so it would need maybe to use php gd libraries to return the fonts as images.
absolutely have no idea in coldfusion but is probaly able to be done with that technology

davidj
12-12-2009, 10:00 AM
Its frustrating when you have a good idea but just don't have the knowledge to implement the idea. Its like wanting to write a medical paper in Mandarin.

You have 2 choices.

1 learn from the begining

2 hire a developer