PDA

View Full Version : Problems with inserting Gallery viewer that uses XML instructions

deadevil13
11-24-2009, 06:45 PM
Hello

I am in much need of some help here.

So, for a school project i am designing a website. As ive only just started, i do not know a lot about web design, but i know enough. I do not currently have a website, as for the mean time i am looking for flash applications for my page. I found this really nice photo gallery, that uses flash & XML instructions.

Its called Flash Gallery, and can be found here:
http://www.flashgallery.org/

So i downloaded the .zip file containing the parts to put the gallery on to a page. I opened up Dreamweaver CS3, and then drag-and-drop'ed the .swf file, hit F12 and the gallery comes up "Loading XML File".

I know this far be a bit far fetched, as this is something so defined, but i seem to have this problem with other .XML driven flash items. So am i meant to insert the .xml into the page aswell.

Here are the files, extracted, from the .zip.

gallery (Directory)
demo.html
gallery.swf
images.xml

As im sure you can guess, gallery is where the images go and the .xml file are the "instructions" and editing options.

Help if you can, im sure its something simple ive missed.

Dan :mrgreen:

deadevil13
11-24-2009, 06:48 PM
oh dont worry now, ive sorted it...the .xml, .swf & .html files all need to be in one directory.... see it was simple

Im an idiot sometimes....

Feel free to remove this post :L