PDA

View Full Version : Don't know why Dreamweaver freezes every time I open one file

kchis78
11-24-2009, 03:37 AM
I began writing this webpage in dreamweaver and it was working fine until a week ago. All of a sudden it started to freeze every time I opened the file, forcing me to quit the program because it hung indefinitely.

I have my stylesheet called in through the <link> tag and I feel like that is where the problem lies. I have saved the file without the link tag and it works fine. I can view it in a browser, make edits without any issue. As soon as I add the link tag calling in the stylesheet, it freezes completely and I have to force quit the program.

I have re-written both the stylesheet and index.html file by hand line by line and saved them in different locations. Every time, the same thing happens.

I can open any other file on my computer in Dreamweaver and edit it, but this one freezes every time. It's driving me crazy and I can't figure it out. I would appreciate any advice.

My files are attached in a zip file

DWcourse
11-25-2009, 02:17 PM
I'm not going to look at your file but it could be this:

8KB bug: affects only Dreamweaver on Windows, and is caused by the presence of a file that's exactly 8,192 bytes (8KB) or a multiple thereof.

The solution is to open the file in a text editor and add a few extra characters (new lines or a comment will do). Save the file, and restart Dreamweaver.

If the file causing the problem is an image or other type of media file, edit it so that it's no longer an exact multiple of 8KB.

kchis78
11-25-2009, 09:46 PM
I'm working on a Mac, but the problem has shown up on both my mac and my pc.

I found the one line of code that was affecting it, and it seems to be the .header class for the header image. I'm not sure why it's just that line, but I went through and rewrote every line, saving as I went. As I got to the header class, which was the last one, it froze. So whatever the problem is, it's there. Don't know why it would only be affected by that class

edbr
11-26-2009, 01:41 AM
8KB bug: affects only Dreamweaver on Windows, and is caused by the presence of a file that's exactly 8,192 bytes (8KB) or a multiple thereof.
oh now thats just creepy :)