PDA

View Full Version : Password protected pages?

KLent3102
11-23-2009, 01:10 PM
Hey all, I'm still pretty much a newbie to Dreamweaver, I work at a retail store and designed and maintain their website using it. Pretty much been learning as I go along, but my boss asked something of me: we sell to landscapers who get special discounts for products, and we put out a landscaper catalog for them to look at and see what we have for them and their prices for the stuff. We want to put this catalog on our website, but have it so only the landscapers could view it by putting in a password, or possibly registering and having to log in when they want to see it. If I understand this correctly, Dreamweaver doesn't necessarily support this kind of feature on its own, but is there a way to do this? Thanks in advance for all your help.

edbr
11-24-2009, 01:02 AM
yes firstly DW does support this and has a wizard to help you, look for databases, bindings and server behaviours. i would recommend using php and mysql.
option 2 is to follow the tutorials om this forum to learn php and there is a login /membership tutorial.
If however you simply wanr to protect some pages without databases and log in records you could use .htacces to protect a directory with a user password