PDA

View Full Version : Can't link from text anymore

gav
11-22-2009, 10:58 PM
I made my home page a few days ago. Everything was fine with it until today. I'm very new and i'm learning css slowly. I mention this because I assume I did something in the code to make this happen. I've noticed from time to time as I jumped between pages my css rules would want to update and save the layout. When this happens I've had some odd stuff happen between pages I have open. I usually just start over as it's easy for me to do so. Also it's helping me learn new stuff. The problem is what happened today was was real bad. Whats happining is all of a sudden I can't link to different pages from my text links anymore. I had two I already made. The calendar section and the link back to the home page. I finished a start page for the gallery and wanted to point to it but now I can't. I know the page is alright because I just pointed the banner to the calendar page just to see if it worked. No matter what I do I can't link text links anymore.

edbr
11-23-2009, 12:18 AM
you mean using the point tool in DW? it sounds like it might be a program problem

gav
11-23-2009, 12:39 AM
you're saying you think something could be something wrong with dreamweaver? I'm using cs4. By pointing it to the page I mean linked it to the page. I can't seem to link anything that isn't a picture to anything. By that I mean anything text.

edbr
11-23-2009, 01:00 AM
so you select / highlight the text then in the properties link you either point or search for page ?
if you cant do that then it could be a program problem.

gav
11-23-2009, 01:03 AM
I'll try a reinstall then.