PDA

View Full Version : Submitting Form on Second Panel does not post

Fishwagon
11-18-2009, 11:19 PM
Hello!

I have created a menu for a lunch shop. On the test page, there are two tabs, one for this weeks menu, and one for next.

On the first tab, everything works great. You add to cart, and the item gets added and you are sent to the cart page.

On the second tab, nothing happens.

The page in question submits to itself, where some PHP code collects the data from the POST and does processing to add it to the cart. Then it redirects the person to the cart page.

It use to simply go to the first tab, so I figured ah, let me send it the panel to send to, so I did that, and now I have it staying on the same panel, but it still doesn't do anything.

I ran through the PHP code, and it's winds up it's not gettign the POST data, so all my variables are blank, and nothing happens as it thinks there is nothign to add to the cart.

To see the behavior, you can go to:

http://www.teacherslunchbox.com/ourlunches2.php

So basically, the second tab is not posting it's data.

Any ideas? This is my first time trying to use a SPRY Tabbed Panel.

Thanks everyone,
Rich

edbr
11-19-2009, 12:29 AM
hm if you had the second tab as a seperate page ,not using spry does it work then? i would do this to elimminate spry (or not) as the reason for failiure

Fishwagon
11-19-2009, 01:19 AM
Yes, as a matter of fact, the code on the tabbed page was lifted directly from the page that is currently in place on the operational website.

I created the tabbed interface so it has a "cleaner" look versus the currently operational page.

Also, I "swapped" the code from one tab to another and the problem stayed with the second tab. So I'm pretty convinced it's a spry problem.

One thing, I did the same thing with an accordian, and that works fine. It's only on the tabbed panels that it does not work.

This one has my hair turning gray, and with 4 kids, I don't have much left to turn gray!! :mrgreen:

edbr
11-19-2009, 01:48 AM
right im not a fan of spry so ive avoided it seems a few problems come from it , maybe rather than re invent it you should try tabs using show hide functions ot a css tab design .
its a cop out answer i know but i can't beging to help on this .
anyone?

Fishwagon
11-19-2009, 01:54 AM
Yeah, the more I work with Spry, I think it's great for basic layout functionality, but put any "real" code behind it, and it seems to be a little bit flakey.

Appreciate the help nonetheless....

Fishwagon
11-20-2009, 02:22 AM
Ok, I have to fall on my sword....

This is the dreaded ID 10 T error....

I did a find/replace the night before, and called it a night. The next day I had this issue and forgot about the previous nights find/replace.

So basically I had form items named differently than what the function expected. So when it posted from object NameA and the function was looking for the posted item from NameB, well, it didn't find it and hence didn't work.

Did I mention I feel like an idiot?

Anwyay, thanks...

Rich