PDA

View Full Version : live view/preview goes blank

stickynote
11-17-2009, 10:24 PM
We have our site set up. We went to add server behaviors (login and register and such) but when we add a server behavior to a form, live view/preview in browser goes blank. Our web host is fatcow, which uses mysql and such, so I feel it should work. Any ideas?

edbr
11-18-2009, 01:20 AM
are you testing locally with a local server? if not i would suggest you do .

stickynote
11-18-2009, 05:24 AM
Do you mean something like Apache? When we add a server behavior dreamweaver puts in the code for us, but after it is put in and we put the file to our web host, it doesn't work. I feel like we must be missing a basic step in the setup between our web host and dreamweaver.

edbr
11-18-2009, 06:22 AM
yes thats what i meant . i have never used live view on an actuall live site but always test locally first , using wamp or xampp to set up a local server before actually commiting to the web

stickynote
11-18-2009, 08:42 PM
Ok, well when we upload our site to our file manager on our web host.. then look at the code, it shows the same code we have on dreamweaver. But when we type in www.ourwebsitename.com/index.php... it is still blank. If we delete the php code dreamweaver put in for the server behavior, then preview it again after another upload, the www.ourwebsitename.com/index.php works... Do we need a to use fatcows SSI or... what?

domedia
11-18-2009, 09:03 PM
If the source code is the same, that probably mean that the server side code did not getting read properly. If it's PHP and you can see the PHP code in your browser or when you view source, then it sounds like you don't have PHP running for your website.

stickynote
11-18-2009, 10:58 PM
Our webhost supports php. To get it running on our site.. what do we have to do?

domedia
11-19-2009, 12:22 AM
If you can see the PHP code in your browser after it is uploaded, then PHP is either not working on the server (or not there at all), or you're not invoking PHP, maybe wrong file extensions.

This is all guesswork though. If you had provided a link in your first post, this would probably have been resolved already.

edbr
11-19-2009, 12:54 AM
put <?php phpinfo() ?> in a page upload it to your server call it for example info.php then call it and see what happens, some servers dont allow it but should give you a warning anyway if not