PDA

View Full Version : Where to put XML file in Dreamweaver

spazzer
11-14-2009, 12:07 PM
Hi All,
I have a Flash Newsticker that uses a XML for the info that scrolls across top of page, I realise that the xml file is linked to the flash file, but where is it best to insert the xml file into dreamweaver, should I create a folder for xml files ?

Cheers,
Nick C ;-)

gentleone
11-14-2009, 12:20 PM
You can but then you probably have to change the path (in the Flash file) to the XML file. To be save just put them together in the same folder or together in the root.

spazzer
11-14-2009, 12:30 PM
Thanks for your help,
Just one more thing, I placed the cursor where I wanted to install the swf file,
Then found the file and inserted it into the page ,is this correct ?
I would also like to use the same newsticker at the head of one other page do I just insert the swf file again on that page or is there a way to link the two ?

gentleone
11-14-2009, 12:37 PM
I placed the cursor where I wanted to install the swf file

Sorry, I'm not sure what you mean with this.

spazzer
11-14-2009, 12:50 PM
Hi,
I placed the cursor where I wanted to install the flash newsticker that I created then went to insert media objects and searched for the file to insert is this the correct way to do this !

gentleone
11-14-2009, 12:57 PM
Yes that might work, but to be honest I'm not sure. I'm more a hand-coder. Perhaps someone else can verify this. Or just try it and see if it worked. If not 'undo'.