PDA

View Full Version : Cannot see code.

m3s
11-13-2009, 05:53 PM
I have been using DW for years now (although still a novice in most regards) and I have never had this problem. I just installed CS4 Creative Suite on my mac and everything has been working great. Then yesterday I opened Dreamweaver and for the life of me I cannot figure out how to show the code in my code window. If I go into split view i can see everything in the bottom window but no code (see attached image).

So my question, is there a setting i am missing or is this just a glitch in the program?

DWcourse
11-13-2009, 08:09 PM
Odd! I'm assuming you've quit/restarted the program and, if that failed, restarted the computer?

m3s
11-13-2009, 08:13 PM
Oh yes, I've tried everything. It must be some glitch. I can't imagine EVER using a setting that made it so you could not see the code. I guess I will have to reinstall?? Thanks for the reply!

DWcourse
11-13-2009, 08:35 PM
Before reinstalling, try rebuilding the preferences file: http://dwcourse.com/dreamweaver/rebuilding-preferences.php

m3s
11-13-2009, 08:42 PM
Shoot, I really thought that was going to work but...no luck..Thanks anyway!

rattlsnak
11-16-2009, 04:01 AM
what 'view' are you using? middle top right, drop down menu, i think they are something like, classic, designer, coder, etc...

m3s
11-17-2009, 03:08 PM
I have tried all of the views.

Ok, this is getting worrisome, I just reinstalled and I am still having the same problem.

m3s
11-17-2009, 04:29 PM
Got it!

The problem was under Preferences/Fonts The Code View font was set to Monaco. I switched it to another font and it worked. Apparently Monaco doesn't work for DW (so it's odd that that was the default font). So if anyone else ever has this problem try that...

Thanks everyone for your input.

DWcourse
11-17-2009, 05:12 PM
Actually Monaco is the default and works just fine. I suspect that your font somehow was corrupted. Does it work with other programs?