PDA

View Full Version : Does anyone have IE8? on a PC

ecallawb
11-12-2009, 10:33 PM
Dear Everyone.

I have a client who says my system is falling apart in his IE8 browser.. I have called all over town and can not verify wether or not this is so because I can not find anyone else but my client who has this browser (it came out in March 09).

The page in question is here:

http://www.oasiswebdevelopment.com/ovp/mls_propertysearch.html

I did search your entire site but only found nothing on the subject

Does anyone have IE8? Can they look at the page... I tested it in Adobe Browser Labs and it looks great on all those browsers.

The menu system is Project Seven's Pop Menu Magic 2.

Please help someone. thank you very much in advance.

Elizabeth Wallace

gentleone
11-12-2009, 11:18 PM
I've checked the site in IE8 and there are no major issues except that the footer is squeezed in. The search button sits on-top of your copyright bla, bla.

I did had a peek at your code and I've noticed that you use way too many divs. You wrap an unordered list in a div. Even if the <ul> has one <li>. The top navigation drop-down/fly-out that you used them for you should nest an <ul> in a <li> from the main <ul> to get the sub menu item and for the sub-sub menu item you nest the third <ul> in the <li> from the second <ul>.

Little example:

<ul>
<li>Page 1
<ul>
<li>page 1 - sub 1</li>
<li>page 1 - sub 2</li>
<li>page 1 - sub 3</li>
</ul>
</li>
<li>Page 2
<ul>
<li>page 2 - sub 1</li>
<li>page 2 - sub 2</li>
<li>page 2 - sub 3
<ul>
<li>page 2 - sub 3 - sub 1</li>
</ul>
</li>
</ul>
</li>
</ul>

I also noticed that there are conditional comments in between the <body> tags. They should be in the <head>.

For the rest I see a website that is working properly, so no falling apart or such!

domedia
11-12-2009, 11:20 PM
The page looks fine in my IE8. What exactly is 'falling apart' on that page?

domedia
11-12-2009, 11:23 PM
The top navigation drop-down/fly-out that you used them for you should ..
As often is when you use someone elses solution (like the tables used in this forum software for example) you take what you get ;-) In this case it's a P7 menu like ecallawb said.

gentleone
11-12-2009, 11:31 PM
As often is when you use someone elses solution (like the tables used in this forum software for example) you take what you get ;-) In this case it's a P7 menu like ecallawb said.

Ohkay... well my mistaken then :) I didn't read clearly enough.

ecallawb
11-13-2009, 01:10 AM
thank you so much

Elizabeth