PDA

View Full Version : changing titles with templates

mac1967
11-12-2009, 05:53 PM
Hi Chaps,

Am I right in thinking that if you use Dreamweaver templates to create your site (i mean create an original yourself and use that as the template), can you not change the title for each page, as the title part is locked in the code?

Regards,

Martin

Corrosive
11-12-2009, 06:04 PM
Can't remember rightly but I thought that stuff like the page title come automatically in an editable region so that you can change it.

domedia
11-12-2009, 06:20 PM
And if it doesn't, just add it as an editable region.

DWcourse
11-13-2009, 02:08 AM
The title of a page created from a Dreamweaver template is editable on all pages.

mac1967
11-13-2009, 06:51 AM
Thanks, I didn't realise you could make the title an editable region, same with keywords and meta tags.

The title of a page created from a Dreamweaver template is editable on all pages.

Actually DWcourse, I thought it would be too, but that info is stored in the headrr info and greyed out unless you specify it as editable then you can change it.

Once I'd wrapped the editable tags around the title I could make my titles different on every page even though they were templates.

Thankyou!!!

Regards,

Martin

DWcourse
11-13-2009, 01:58 PM
In Dreamweaver, when you create a new template or save a page as a template the title tag is by default wrapped in an editable region named doctitle:

<!-- TemplateBeginEditable name="doctitle" -->
<title>Untitled Document</title>
<!-- TemplateEndEditable -->

It's been that way as long as I know.