PDA

View Full Version : help with limiting recordset to the user

mungajim
11-08-2009, 10:46 PM
Can anyone help?

I am having trouble working out how to limit what the user can access when they login, ie: only their profile.

This would include a photo as well.

I can display an image but it is not linking in with the user who is logged in.

Many thanks

edbr
11-09-2009, 12:03 AM
are you using the dw wizard to do this or hand coding?

mungajim
11-09-2009, 06:27 AM
DW wizard is what i am using

edbr
11-09-2009, 06:41 AM
one way would be to select your recordset based on the user as in:
if each member has a unique ID your select statement would be (ie) select * from TABLE where id= $login.
$login being the user id

mungajim
11-09-2009, 06:16 PM
hi

I can not seem to get it to work, do I set the recordset in the login or on the profile page? its not doubt obvious but I just cant see it

edbr
11-10-2009, 12:03 AM
profile page. i have to say it may be difficult with dw codebut on the profile page the recordseet should include a where clause based on the user id or name being equal to a field in that users record. it will depend on how you have set up the info in the database. you will have to collect the data from the login but i cant say how you have set it up from here

mungajim
11-10-2009, 07:55 AM
i am using the developer toolbox login wizard, is that relevant to the profile page record set

edbr
11-10-2009, 08:13 AM
i just tried setting one up using the dw wizard. login is verified using $_SESSION['MM_Username']. this will be carried over all the protected psges after login.

on your profile page you need to select from the table you have set up for the members select from TABLE where user=$_SESSION['MM_Username'];
where user is the fielad that contains the same value (name ) as the login value
that will select the record belonging to that user.
i think in the wizard you need to use entered value, but i have to say i havent used it in a long time, if not that post back and ill try to test it

mungajim
11-10-2009, 08:47 AM
my users table consists of
id
username
password
level

Session bits
kt_login_id
kt_login_users
kt_login_level

mungajim
11-10-2009, 08:56 AM
I have worked it out, using the simplified wizard, using session varible and changing it to kt_login_id. Many thanks for you help

edbr
11-10-2009, 08:58 AM
glad to hear