PDA

View Full Version : File management after initial upload

mdsd88
11-06-2009, 08:21 PM
Hello
I uploaded to my public HTML, but when I did it I must have screwed it up.
initially I created files in a local root folder eventually uploaded my stuff and it was not link corrected etc...

after getting it to work, I noticed all my images are mixed in with my page files, so what I am asking is:

Can i create an images folder on my remote and place all the images in there, and the program (CS4) will automatically link the new location?

just want to clean my stuff up and make it correct, but would the program know to link image folder when I move them?

thanks ahead of time and I look forward to participating here, this DW stuff is new to me and cool.

Matt

DWcourse
11-06-2009, 09:28 PM
Dreaweaver works on your local site. So you need to make the changes there and then upload the site again.

In DW in the Site window you can move files in your local site and DW will ask if you want to update the links that would otherwise be broken. If you say yes, DW should fix the links for you. So you can rearrange your local site and then upload the changed site to your server (preferably after deleting the files crrently there, otherwise you'll have a lot of extra files cluttering up your server).

BTW, I'd make a backup of my site before trying this just in case.

mdsd88
11-06-2009, 09:49 PM
Awesome...Thank You !!