PDA

View Full Version : template use:page height setting problems

jax23
11-05-2009, 09:51 PM
First time using a template, and having problems setting the height of my pages. The template has a wrapper, and inside this a content div (slightly smaller); that contains divs: header, left and right colunm, cleared by the footer.

I am trying to use this template for the whole site but adding different text and images with internal styles into the one editable region in the right col on each page.

My question is if my mesurments and padding ect.. are correct is there any reason why with this set up I shouldnt be able to keep all the heights of the pages exactly the same, even if there is less content in some than the full height allows?

greatful for any pointers or advice.

jax23
11-06-2009, 01:42 PM
the paragraph tag makes my pages automatically longer (adding margins to the editable region, regardless of if I only have one line on the whole page, seems a bit strange. I should really be in the dreamweaver section for this, sorry. Will endevour to work it out now I know why.

DWcourse
11-06-2009, 09:33 PM
Why do you want to force all your pages to be the same height? Even if you do it, what happens when the user resizes the text in his browser or you edit a page and the content is one line longer than you provided for?

d a v e
11-07-2009, 05:01 AM
a url would help illustrate your situation better ;)

jax23
11-07-2009, 11:44 AM
its not online yet, Perhaps you are right though it would be less trouble all round to make the pages longer and alter the design to accomodate.

Corrosive
11-07-2009, 01:23 PM
I tend not to specify heights at all. Let the page grow with the content. Saves a lot of hassle down the road.