PDA

View Full Version : IE Menu Problems

JohnnieG
11-04-2009, 10:30 PM
I am rebuilding a web site in DW with Spry menus. In FF, Opera, Chrome, Flock and Safari the menu is fine. In IE, the second level is not in the proper position.

www.murraygreybeefcattle.com/New%20Index.htm (http://www.murraygreybeefcattle.com/New)

Would appreciate your thoughts and suggestions.

JohnnieG
11-07-2009, 10:56 AM
I have deleted the SPRY menu from my new website and am rebuilding it from scratch checking it in IE as I go along

gentleone
11-19-2009, 07:09 AM
am rebuilding it from scratch checking it in IE as I go along

Yes, that's the way to go... than you can see immediately where you go wrong so you don't get an error on-top of error on-top of an error etc.

JohnnieG
11-19-2009, 09:57 AM
Thank you, gentleone. It is working properly now and I am moving along with it. Please take a look at http://www.murraygreybeefcattle.com/New%20Index.htm

Once I get the navigation completed, I will rename the template and that should replace the existing template and change all of the pages on my site. Or am I wrong in that logic?

gentleone
11-19-2009, 10:10 AM
I will rename the template and that should replace the existing template and change all of the pages on my site. Or am I wrong in that logic?

Personally I never used to work with .dwt files I use PHP to achieve the same result, so I can't verify that. DWCourse can do for sure... or anyone else?

DWcourse
11-19-2009, 10:23 PM
If I understand you correctly you can do what you're thinking but it's a bit tricky.

If the new template has exactly the same editable regions with the same names then you could:

Rename the new template to match the name of the old one.
Open the template
Make a slight change and save it
When prompted, let DW update the files based upon the template.I'd back up the site first just in case.

You can also just apply the new template to the pages one-by-one. If the editable regions are named the same, the content will flow to the correct places. That has the advantage of letting you see any problems immediately and undo them. If you flow the changes to unopened pages, you have not option to undo them.