PDA

View Full Version : Include Statements overlapping

m04
11-04-2009, 10:20 PM
I have a real wired problem.

First off I am new to PHP so please bare with me.

So I thought i make a template in PHP this time instead of my native language HTML. (I wanted to do include statements so header and footer always comes from a independent file for easy editing)

So I created a header.php, footer.php and index.php.

now what I did was in the my index.php the first thing I put was: <?php include("header.php"); ?> (tried this in tables, continers)

now, that shows up perfectly. but in the html if i put a </br> and try to type, its hidden.

Its typing, UNDER the header.php file.

now same thing with footer.php I can add that to index.php but it shows up UNDER the header.

So why am I posting this in dreamweaver club, instead of some PHP club :)? Because if i publish to the internet, it shows up perfectly, but this is becoming a issue, because I cant see what I am doing, since I like to use the split mode instead of just coding mode.

I know before (maybe a version or 2 ago) include statements use to show up as theses yellowish orange box, so you could tell its a included php script instead of the script it self. even that would be nice, right about that...

any ideas?

Thanks!

edbr
11-05-2009, 12:51 AM
if your page has
<?php include("header.php"); ?>
<br>
text
then yes the text will show under the header
wher do you want the text to show? i diont actually understand what the problem is