PDA

View Full Version : i have a huge problem

katecher
10-31-2009, 01:46 AM
somehow, today all my 5 sites i had in dreamweaver, they all gone, i lost all remote info and all my files. i was able to put everything back but i need to find all info for FTP. Do you know why and what happen???

DWcourse
10-31-2009, 01:49 AM
If you're on a Mac and you have a backup, this should help: http://dwcourse.com/dreamweaver/recovering-lost-site-definitions.php

katecher
10-31-2009, 01:59 AM
I am just freaking out right now. I did look at that link you gave it to me. thank you very much. should i remove all my sites again to be able to restore it from time machine. also i do back up on my external drive as well.

DWcourse
10-31-2009, 04:10 AM
Just rename the Site Prefs file or move it to another folder so you can restore it if things go wrong. Then restore the Site Prefs file from a Time Machine backup from when things were working.

After the first time this happened (on a Dreamweaver crash, and it's happened more than once) I made saved another copy of my Site Prefs on another drive just to be safe.

BTW, Time Machine has saved my butt numerous times. It's my single favorite OS X feature.