PDA

View Full Version : Reducing space between menu items?

nadger
10-30-2009, 09:45 PM
i would like to add another menu option to our site www.nhgfc.co.uk (http://www.nhgfc.co.uk) but when i try to add a LINKS option it pushes my other menu text all over the place.

I presume i need to reduce the space between the current menu items in order to give me enough room to add another word. My question is how do i do this please?

regards
Neil

DWcourse
10-30-2009, 10:37 PM
Sorry to say this but you've got more serious issues than that on the page. For instance, if I zoom my text at all, the menu disappears entirely. And style names like this:
.style20
.style23
.style25Lead me to believe you don't really have a grip on CSS styles. I'd suggest finding a good tutorial on CSS menus and starting the menu over from scratch. Also, you need to learn to avoid letting Dreamweaver create and name styles for you (an issue that's been addresses in CS4 btw)

nadger
10-30-2009, 10:48 PM
Hi,

The basic site was set up for me by a friend. I have since added all the content but i hav'nt touched the menu up to now. I believe he just used a free template to start from.

Your right about me though, i dont understand anything to do with CSS. All i have done is used DW to personalise the content, everything else is as it started out with.

nadger
10-30-2009, 10:55 PM
when you say zoom your text do you mean ctrl + ?

If i do that its still the same but larger obviously, i cannot replicate the view you say you get?

DWcourse
10-30-2009, 11:20 PM
when you say zoom your text do you mean ctrl + ?

If i do that its still the same but larger obviously, i cannot replicate the view you say you get?

Yes but I'm zooming the text, not the whole page. Your type is sized in pixels which Explorer refuses to resize so it's only an issue with non-Explorer browsers (Firefox, Safari, etc.).