PDA

View Full Version : Email form for list of different contacts

maff
10-28-2009, 08:29 PM
Hi,

This is my first post here, I haven't got a great deal of experience with Dreamweaver - I mainly create email shots and the like with it, which I deem as being fairly simple.

I have been asked to look into creating a list of contacts (aprox 100 contacts), a bit like a directory on a website page, which I can do.
Each contact needs to have an email link next to them, but the contacts email address needs to remain private - so I can't just use a mailto type link.

I was thinking an email form for each contact would be suitable, but I don't know how to do it.

I have looked at the tutorial page and done a bit of a search, but I'm not sure how to do what I would like, or even what to search for.

So, how would you do it?
Any help would be really appreciated, what do I need to learn to do this?

Thanks!

edbr
10-29-2009, 01:10 AM
well i would use a php mail handing script . the mail to address in the script would then be a variable which would pick its value from the form ( a hidden field) you suggest. for example

value passed by form might be $_POST['address']
$mail= $_POST['address'];
mail($mail,'.........'etc

if you wanted more security then pass the value as a number then translate it in a script ie
if( $_POST['address']==1){$mail="arthurMO@mydomain.com";}

edbr
10-29-2009, 01:50 AM
actually after re reading, if you have so many email adresses it would perhaps be more practical to have them stored in a database, and call them by an id number passed from your form