PDA

View Full Version : How to build a website

KTY
10-26-2009, 04:37 AM
I need to build a homepage with 2 other linked pages for an assignment. I have no (not much) idea how to make it. My teacher said he would like to see some CSS used in the site but I don't know how to use CSS! Have absolutely no idea about CSS!

Now I've finished 2 pages of the website (with no CSS of course). What I did was easy, I insert AP DIV for everything (buttons/ images/ text/ flash) and the site looks good in FireFox Preview.

The problem right now is CSS... (I could fail this if I don't use any) So my question is can I use only a little amount of CSS for the site? (Because I saw my classmates stylesheet was so full!)

1st page - home
2nd page - text + an image (want to make a light box)
3rd page - a contact form

Dreamweaver CS3 and mac : )

domedia
10-26-2009, 04:43 AM
I don't think that will work.
CSS is not something you 'add' to a website, it's supposed to take care of al layout and design. It's something that should be an integrated part of ther website from the start.

Didn't your teacher provide any information on how you could learn CSS?

KTY
10-26-2009, 04:52 AM
yes he did, we had a total of 3 hours lesson of CSS but I think CSS is hard, don't understand it at all! The teacher can't teach anyway, he just graduated.

If you say it's not going to work, what's your suggestion???

domedia
10-26-2009, 04:57 AM
You could add some custom link styles maybe.
Anyone else?

KTY
10-26-2009, 05:01 AM
thanks for your responses domedia : )

What is custom link styles? Is it CSS or something like CSS?
Is it easy to do for me (beginner and not particularly smart)?

edbr
10-26-2009, 05:12 AM
it sounds like this course could be better. use css to style your page in dreamweaver just attacha stlle sheet and then make any new class or style relevant site wide nd it will populate your style sheet. sorry butr experience will be your best teacher here i think

KTY
10-26-2009, 06:02 AM
I really give up with CSS... I'm not going to understand it in one day!

This is gonna be a presentation to class (show the website is Firefox) and talk... Just wondering if I didn't use any CSS, would people know?